Research Class Exercise

Name something you have researched in the past for art, design or media

The artist investigating is called Shepard Fairey with the nickname OBEY

Explain how you researched this

For the research, the first thing was to ask my teachers if they knew any information or any website to investigate. The second step was to do research in the library, it was very complicated for me, because the books were not updated or there was no information about my artist. The third step was to research websites like Wikipedia and other websites. My fourth step was to find a documentary about my artist.

What facts did you discover? 

I discovered that searching the library was not as efficient because it was not up to date. I also discovered that searching the internet is not reliable because false information can come from it, so I had to investigate other web pages to back up the information

What NEW conclusions did you draw?

I discovered that the most reliable thing is to look for a documentary of the artist because in those videos the artist himself talks about his life and works.

Research into my major project

My research will be focused on the designs of the posters based on musical events or new album releases, for these reasons I will investigate Shepard Fairey, who designed album covers for musical groups such as the Black Eyed Peas.

Research through my major project

In my research I will try different software such as Photoshop, Picmonkey, Adobe Illustrator and other tools, I will have to experiment and practice and see some tutorials on YouTube, because I don't have enough knowledge.



Comments

  1. The facts that you discovered should really relate to the designer, not the process of the research, though you could include that as a reflective piece of writing at the end of the post. This feels more like a post about research itself rather than a piece of research - take a look at Zoe's example on her blog as looked at in class: https://neotericphotography.blogspot.com/2020/09/research-task-week-six-example.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment