First Thoughts

 

The theme that attracts me the most is "Purple haze" my idea is to design different types of graffiti using different concepts of purple, by this I mean looking for a meaning to the colour purple or that it represents for other people or cultures or for me.

For example, for me, it represents madness, bipolarity, agony, toxicity as poison and loneliness.

Here I can show what purple can mean in each country.

USA: Courage and honour

Japan: Wealth and privilege

Iran: Mysticism

Ukraine: Power, patience and durability

Egypt: Belief and virtue

Brazil: Death

England: Prestige, royalty and funerals

Latin America: Negative situations 

Eastern countries: Wealth and well-being

Purple is worn at the funeral of loved ones in Thailand and Brazil. At the same time, in Brazilian culture it was thought that whoever died dressed in purple would have bad luck.

Purple has many shades and that can help me, in addition to being a strong colour it stands out more and I don't have to worry that it stands out since the colour will do everything.


I think that the colour purple will not be a problem because it wants to illustrate all my thoughts and with purple you can change the concept of any drawing just by changing the colour, for example, if you change the colour of a yellow flower than for me the yellow colour represents joy for a purple colour, I think that the flower can be "poisonous or dead."



With a colour you can change the concept of anything. You just have to be creative.

Comments

  1. Do you have any thoughts about how you are going to use this theme, what were your first thoughts about the kind of work you would like to make in terms of illustration? If you use purple haze as your theme, you will need to do research into the colour itself and how it is used by different artists and in different cultures. Also the meaning of the colour purple. For some purple means healing or others nobility, royalty, prestige, power - what will you use it for and what will it mean?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment