Proportion - Character Drawing

 In class, we put our drawing skills into practice, when creating a character, we must take into account the size of all the parts of the body so as not to create an asymmetry, we had to make a sketch of a body, following the instructions that the teacher told us.

The next step was to give our character a posture, I decided to give him a posture, which is one hand on his head as if the light were dazzling him and the other hand on his waist and one leg on a wooden plank and the other leg looking in front and the look of my character focusing on the background (I don't have a photo).

The next step for our character was to give it an outfit, I decided to give it a sailor outfit since the posture was perfect (another idea was the outfit of a mountaineer).


By having everything almost done, you only need the details such as the face and paint it.





And this is my character, a sailor. I did not put details in my hands because it came out very bad, it is something that I have to practice. For this character, I was inspired by the Jean Paul Gaultier perfume that has sailors in its commercial.







Comments

  1. How might you use this in your own work - was this important for your subject area? Is it useful to understand proportion as someone working in Graphic Design/Illustration? Edit this and talk more about what you learnt and the relationship to your progression route.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment