Sticker - Sinister

 To design this sticker I had to look for images of sinister things, skulls or night monsters came out, until I saw a scarecrow, it seemed to me that I could create a good design from a scarecrow, look for images to inspire me on Pixabay that are images without rights Author such as Unsplash.



Having the images to inspire me I created these sketches.




In these images I show that the second sketch is an improvement of the first sketch, I really liked the second sketch and I decided to work with that in illustrator.


By having the design done, it was only necessary to paint it using the purple and yellow “Complementary Colors” style, it took a long time since I had to give them shadows and use different shades of colors.
 

When I had the main part finished and when I saw the result, I thought "something is missing", and I saw what was missing, a phrase that represented the character, I decided to design a graffiti of the word "Sinister" and then put it together with the character. It seemed like a great idea and that way it would look like graffiti.

I started by making the sketch of the graffiti, and then transfer it to Photoshop and design it and paint it with different shades of purple highlighting the edges with the yellow color and degrading it a bit to give the feeling of having used spray.



When the two designs were finished, it was only necessary to put them together and cut them into the shape of a sticker.

I am very satisfied with my work, I can't think of any way to improve it.



















Comments

  1. Again - be specific about your process about the tools you are using. Also I would like to see you adding more steps through your process. Don't forget to add an acknowledgment for where your copyright free image came from.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment