Process: Basilisk illustration

 Basilisk illustration

The basilisk is a hybrid beast of a snake or dragon and rooster. The first step in creating the illustration is to look for references in order to be inspired. I will collect images that will give me some help when making my sketch.



This image inspired me when looking for a pose for the beast.


This image helps me define how I want the wings to look.


looking at the images, I already had an idea of how I want to make my sketch





I already had the sketch of my beast, now it only remains to make the drawing in Illustrator and use the brushes I used previously.


When having the finished drawing, it would only be left to paint it with colours that I previously selected.








Draw each line of the basilisk's body to give a feather texture

When I had the finished drawing, I added some details like shadows and veins between the wings. And also draw a rock under the basilisk's legs.







And to finish I added a texture to the ground through Illustrator and a sky through Photoshop to make the illustration look more real.
























Comments